Pirate Care was supposed to be with us in Vienna during the next weeks but now we are sharing their work digitally – under these changed circumstances. They have initiated a collective note-taking effort to document and learn from the organizing of solidarity in response to the urgency of care. The first round of notes, thoughts, protocols and propositions have been written to reflect on the experience of organizing amidst the outbreak and lockdown in Italy.
Pirate Care invites others to contribute to building a larger body of notes documenting solidarity in the time of quarantine. Please get in touch with them and propose practices you would like to document, you can reach them through a number of channels you’ll find in the link.
Notes they have written so far include:
– How to assist people in home isolation
– Through a feminist lense
– Kids in quarantine
– Those who can’t go home: prisoners, refugees and homeless
– Conviviality without proximity
– Mutual aid for those who have lost work
– Coronavirus and the planetary environmental crisis
– Tech and Science in the time of COVID-19
A collective note-taking effort to learn from the urgency of care amidst the Coronavirus pandemic, focusing on issues of care, labour, ecology and technology.