Kunsthalle Wien is open again and we will continue with our exhibition “… of bread, wine, cars, security and peace” (extended until October 4, 2020). We believe that our exhibition, which poses questions on traditional notions of the “good life” and has concepts of care and solidarity at its core, will resonate with our audience in the present difficult situation.
The exhibitions “And if I devoted my life to one of its feathers?”, Ana Hoffner ex-Prvulovic* & Belinda Kazeem-Kamiński and “Space for Kids” we planned for this summer are postponed. We will inform you about the new dates as soon as possible.
On Sundays at 3 pm, our art educators invite you to join them for a guided tour of the exhibition. Throughout June, our directors, WHW, are offering a curators’ tour once a week; please see here for dates and registration details.
Our opening hours remain unchanged: Tuesday to Sunday, 11 am to 7 pm, on Thursdays we are open until 9 pm – from 5 pm with free admission!
On our website and our social media channels you can hear, see, and read numerous artists contributions through videos, podcasts, posts and texts. We are also continuously providing various virtual tours, children’s workshops, and much more. For more details on the exhibition see our comprehensive exhibition guide.
We look forward to seeing you face to face!Hygiene and Safety Requirements
We are happy welcome you again to Kunsthalle Wien! Our members of staff have been instructed following the relevant hygiene and social-distancing rules, and would like to ensure your stay in our museum is a safe one. They will also ensure that the maximum number of visitors allowed is guaranteed.
In order to keep you and our staff healthy, we ask you to observe the following rules:
• Please pay for your ticket on site, preferably cashless.
• Maintain at least 1 meter – preferably 1.5 meter where possible – of distance from all people who do not live in your household.
• Avoid group-like gatherings, and if necessary wait until you can safely enter certain rooms or busy areas.
• Please do not enter Kunsthalle Wien if you experience the following symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
• If possible, please use the stairs and leave the use of the elevator primarily for people who are dependent on it.
Please observe the following general rules of hygiene:
• Cough and sneeze into a handkerchief or the crook of your arm.
• Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, and please use the provided disinfectant dispensers.
For your protection and for the protection of our members of staff we have intensified the hygiene measures. All areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected. Items such as lockers, handrails, and headphones are disinfected as often as possible.
For further information please contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone +43 1 521 89 0 or ask our colleagues on site.